Positive Youth Development from the Inside Out
Development and Marketing Internship
- To have students employed in an educational, meaningful, and practical development and marketing experience in a non-profit organization.
- To challenge students to apply marketing theories and practices in a growing non-profit organization.
- To analyze the relationship between the student’s academic preparation and the processes and activities employed by non-profit organizations.
- To provide an opportunity in a non-profit setting to practice the skills and knowledge needed for their success in the non-profit job market.
- Create an opportunity for students to appraise their own abilities and interests in the development field including: marketing, public relations, fundraising, and event planning in the non-profit sector.
Duties & Projects:
- Conduct prospect research on individual, foundation and corporate donors
- Creative writing for online and print communication
- Assist with online newsletter development and implementation
- Assist with graphic design
- Assist with social media management
- Assist with marketing campaigns and program coordination
- Support staff with logistics associated with special events, including soliciting sponsors
- Assist with donor and grant database management
- Assist with tracking and evaluating various fundraising efforts
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in undergraduate work or any graduate level
- Responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical and committed to the mission of Frameworks
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
Time commitment: Minimum of 8 hours per week; minimum 2 month commitment, with 3-4 months desirable.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position. There is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant. Position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a great reference.
Organizational Project Coordinator
813-514-9555 ext. 123