Are you a creative person that thinks out of the box? Can you easily move between designing graphics, video editing, and using your phone to post well-crafted images that tell a story for the community to see?
Hyde Park United Methodist Church is hiring a Digital Storyteller. This is a newly created position that will help strengthen our artistic and digital presence.
We are seeking a Full-time Digital Storyteller (Sunday – Thursday) to help us fulfill our mission of Making God’s Love Real by designing and delivering accurate and timely visual media internally to the congregation and externally to the community.
- The Digital Storyteller is heavily focused on content creation of graphics, videos and print, and also needs the ability to write copy.
- The main focus of the work is to share the message of Jesus in a warm-hearted and open-minded way.
- This role will coordinate the creation of work with volunteer teams in the areas of video production, graphid design and photography.
- Candidates must be growing in their own faith journey, and be warm-hearted, high-energy, well-organized, fun persons who are committed to mainline Christian faith in the Methodist tradition.
- A College degree in design or related field is preferred with 1-3 years of proven graphic design experience.
- Must be adept in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Office, WordPress, Social Media Platforms and video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut pro or similar.
- Prior experience in a church or non-profit organization a plus.
- This position requires you to work onsite, including Sundays and some evenings.
- Includes benefits.
>> Click here to view full job description: http://hydeparkumc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Digital-Storyteller-Job-Description.pdf
Hyde Park United Methodist is a vibrant 2,000 member, century-old, urban congregation committed to Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, united in the love of God and called to make that love real to others. We are about transforming lives, creating Christian community and healing the city and the world. Hyde Park is one church with two campuses. Our downtown campus, The Portico, also serves as a Community Gathering Space and you can read more about at theportico.org.
We are a church where all people are welcomed and encouraged to think and ask questions about their faith.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://hydeparkumc.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=644 →