Will normally work a Monday-Friday schedule 8:30-5; hours may vary to meet the business needs of the company
The Marketing Assistant will assist the marketing team in the implementation of all marketing activities. Working closely with the Marketing/Sales Department, the Marketing Assistant will help to develop and execute a strategic, integrated marketing plan designed to increase brand awareness, drive sales, and generate new business leads. All involvement will have the same objective: to contribute to the profitable growth of Prepared Insurance Company. This role ideally suits a highly driven, determined and self-motivated candidate who is happy to learn new facets of our business on a regular basis and has unmet career goals within the insurance industry.
- Responsible for assisting in several aspects of digital and traditional marketing including but not limited to website design and development, social media, content management, public relations, SEO, email marketing, graphic design, digital marketing strategy and reporting.
- Content creation including industry blogs, lifestyle blogs, email content, social media copy and designs, etc. for marketing collateral, online media and SEO.
- Daily social media management including graphics and copy development, posting industry updates, and reporting on social media posting and engagement.
- Compile and distribute reports including social media, website and email reports utilizing Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other resources including information summaries and suggestions for improving results.
- Maintains professional communication with vendors, advertising agency partners and insurance agents.
- Modify and update the WordPress website when needed.
- Assist in the planning, management, and promotion at industry events and trade shows for organization involvement.
- Create press releases and other PR materials, when needed. Knowledge of AP Style preferred.
- Work with management to develop innovative campaigns for independent agent force to drive engagement and brand awareness.
- Work with industry association contacts to ensure awareness at industry functions including sponsorships, exhibits and tradeshows.
- Proactively identify project risks and propose solutions.
- Create resources to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics with materials such as blogs, ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, tips, etc.
- Work on our traditional print media campaigns in industry publications.
- Familiarity dealing with media including news outlets and/or press release publications.
Qualifications & Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, Communications or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong experience and familiarity with various social media outlets.
- Project management skills which include time management and the ability to prioritize project deadlines.
- An analytical, yet creative mind and interest in using data to optimize marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in both English and Spanish, a plus.
- Knowledge of WordPress preferred, and knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Experience with graphic design in Adobe Create Suite, a plus.
- Experience using Google Adwords, Google Analytics, HubSpot, and/or SalesForce preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org