Website St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce
Position: Marketing & Communications Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Membership
Salary Range: $45,000 – $65,000
The Marketing & Communications Manager will communicate the Chamber brand while telling the stories of St. Petersburg, the Chamber, and its members through collaboration with membership and leadership. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the creation of marketing materials, web development and social marketing. This position will report to the Vice President of Membership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate, through the collaboration with staff, the promotion of various events and meetings, member workshops and task force meetings.
• Create marketing collateral, newsletters and news briefs, member communications, and presentations to support brand development, member campaign development, member retention, economic development, advocacy, and leadership programs.
• Create marketing collateral for events including Save-the-Date cards, Invitations, Flyers, Web Page Banners, and E-Blasts.
• Expand current media contact list by creating relationships with other media professionals.
• Develop media releases and coordinate the media requests for access to the President/CEO or other designated spokesperson.
• Create and distribute content for use on web, social platforms and all other mediums.
• Respond to internal and external requests for marketing support as needed.
• Manage the production of three annual publications including content, design, and advertising sales.
• Responsible for Marketing Department budget development and maintenance.
• Serve as staff liaison to the Rowdies Council.
• Maintain website.
• Maintain and track social media content and insights.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Business.
• A minimum of four (4) years of related experience in marketing, communication and media relations.
• A high level of comfort and proven experience with the Internet both from a social media and a design/navigation standpoint.
• Creative flair and sense of design basics.
• Skilled at time, task, and budget management – especially attentive to detail and deadlines.
• Advanced knowledge of and high level of comfort with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Extensive communication skills, both verbal and written. Web/Social Media skills a must.
• Flexible scheduling required – including early mornings and evenings during the week when necessary.
• Reliable transportation a must.
• Upholds the Chamber’s Core Values of Innovation, Excellence, Inclusivity, Accountability, and Integrity.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeedjobs.com.